Here at WESNET, we’re working towards a future where all women and children live free of domestic and family violence and its consequence. In the digital age, understanding how technology works, how to use it, and how to respond when it is misused to assert power and control is a powerful part of making women and their children safer.
The Technology Summit brings together speakers who are leading the world in understanding and navigating the intersection of domestic violence and sexual assault and technology. Attendees will gain a greater understanding of:
- The ways in which technology is misused as a tactic of abuse.
- How technology can be used to empower and support women and their children.
- How telecommunications and technology companies are responding to the needs of women who are experiencing domestic violence.
Attendees will also gain the opportunity to engage and build relationships across relevant sectors, supporting knowledge sharing and collaboration to address technology-facilitated abuse.
The TechSummit is for anyone interested in working towards a future where all women and children live free of domestic and family violence and its consequences, including:
- Not-for-profits and NGOs supporting women experiencing violence or abuse.
- Government representatives and policy makers and influencers.
- Corporates, especially those in the telecommunications and technology sectors.
- Students seeking to increase their knowledge and networks.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
The inaugural Technology Summit in 2016 was made possible with generous support from Telstra, our Gold Sponsor, and Google.